Welcome to the HCFS Website. We are a small non-profit located in Southwestern Colorado and a partner of the Southwest Marketing Network. Our mission is to help communities build healthy sustainable food systems* through effective systems planning and development.
NEW: Sign Up for our HCFS NewsBriefs ------ Past Issues
New: SW Colorado Farm to PreSchool News: Sign Up ------ Past Issues
Latest Additions: Native American Topics page --- Food Safety Resources --- Farm to PreSchool Page --- Links to Jim Dyer’s Getting Serious Now website --- New Farm to School Resource Tool booklet --- “Connecting the Dots” report on using local food to fight climate change.
Southwest Colorado page: (includes info useful anywhere)
- Mesa Verde Food Guide
- Local Food Initiatives & Groups
- Land Link & Beginning Farmer
- SW Colorado Farm to School
- Local Food Policy and more
Plus: Climate-Friendly Food - Farm to School - Wild School Gardens - Policy
* Food System: A food system, as we use the term, is everything involved in getting food to people — from farm to plate and beyond.